| Shweta Menon, the leggy lass, was born on 23rd April in Chandigarh. Though she is a South-Indian her Hindi is impeccable, which works very well in her favor. Her father was in the Indian Air Force and her mom a home-maker.
Model and Beauty Queen:
Not many people know that she was Miss Bangalore and competed in the Miss India pageant in 1994. That was the same year that Sushmita Sen was crowned Miss India and Aishwarya Rai was the first runner up, and Shweta was the second runner up. At the Miss Asia Pacific Pageant she was a runner up.
“Gladrags” is a name that commands instant recognition and awe. Shweta was the first Gladrags Supermodel in 1994.
• Shweta’s entry into the film world is marked by Anaswaram (1991), a Malayalam film, in which she starred with the famous Mammooty. Her other famous Malayalam films include Dubai (2001), Keerthi Chakra (2006) and Paradesi (2007)
• Her first Bollywood movie was Prithvi (1997).
• She followed that up with an item number in Ishq (1997). She is still remembered for her dance in “Humko tumse pyaar hai”, dressed in white, flaunting her enviable assets.
• She has appeared in a lot of flop and average Hindi films like Shikari (2000), Haan Maine Bhi Pyar Kiya (2002), Dhund: The Fog (2003), Shikaar (2004), Sandwich (2006), Summer 2007 (2008), Kisse Pyaar Karoon (2009) and many more.
• Some of her better known Bollywood movies are: Asoka (2001), Maqbool (2003) and Corporate (2006).
• Chase is due to release in December 2009.
Shweta just missed out on the Kerala State Film Award and the Filmfare, both in the same year, 2008.